Friday, October 22, 2010

Hebrews Bible Study Week Two: Friday



Better than the Best


Focused Passage: Hebrews 3:1-6

Daily Readings: Deut. 32; John 3:27-35



There are constantly people trying to determine who’s the best…the best athlete, actor/actress, or team. As they say, “To be the best…you’ve got to beat the best!” It reminds me of the time I was invited to the NBA All-Star VIP pre-game event in Washington D.C. (While not connected…I did get to meet Michael Jordan). During the event, they had different All-Star style games you could play. One of my favorites was the three-point contest (they also had the dunk contest game where you could jump off a trampoline…yes…I dunked). I waited in line to try to beat past NBA three-point contestant champions. There were five shots at five racks around the three point line. The top score was twenty-one. When my turn came…I was in the zone. I hit the last shot to reach twenty-one points…tying the high score. On that day, I tied an NBA All-star three-point champion.

When you begin to compare any Biblical figure (or anything for that matter) to Christ…Christ always wins out. As if He wasn’t the best before the cross…What He did for us proves His superiority.



1. To the Hebrews, Moses was one of the greatest leader and lawgiver. In what ways is Jesus greater than Moses?



2. Moses was a “faithful servant” in God’s house. Jesus is a “faithful son” over God’s house. Why is this significant to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment