Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hebrews Bible Study Week 2: Monday


Almost Nothing!


Focused Passage: Hebrews 2:5-8

Daily Readings: Gen. 1:26-27; Psalm 8; Isa. 40:21-26

Last summer my family and I spent time at my parents’ cabin in Colorado. Late one evening, I got my son out of bed and carried him outside. It was a dark, moonless, cloudless night with little “light pollution” (street lights, etc.). He couldn’t understand why I was taking him outside. I pointed to the sky and then he knew why. After about 15 seconds of stunned silence he said, “It doesn’t look real. It looks like I could reach out and touch them.” You see, he’s grown up with the haze and light polluted sky of our area. He had never seen the billions of stars that you can see with the naked eye when the sky is truly clear. I pointed out the Milky Way and several constellations. Still amazed, my son declared that compared to all those stars, the Earth seems small. Yes, I agreed, and we humans are smaller still. (A. Wiggins)



1. Have you ever been somewhere or had an experience that caused you to feel as small as a “grasshopper?” Why?



2. No doubt we are small, yet Hebrews 2:5-7 says that we were God’s creation, crowned with glory and honor, and originally having authority. How does this give you purpose and direction as a follower of Christ?



3. Hebrews 2:8b says that at present not everything is subject to “man.” Why not? What happened to cause this?

No comments:

Post a Comment