Sunday, December 5, 2010

Hebrews Bible Study: Hebrews 10 - Monday


Monday – Better Waters


Focus passage: Hebrews 9:23-26

Read: Titus 2:13-14; 1 Peter 1:17-20; Matthew 26:27-28

I enjoy winter time. I like Christmas and snow and cold. Another reason is that I don’t have to mow the lawn for several months. It’s just not something I like to do. I cut the grass only to have it grow again and a few short days later I’m out there sweating through another couple hours. Who came up with the idea to have a yard of grass anyway?

Just like I have to cut grass over and over again, the Jewish priests had to go into the temple, a copy of the heavenly sanctuary, to offer a sacrifice for sin again and again. Their sacrifices of unblemished lambs, goats, and calves covered the sin of the people. When Jesus sacrificed Himself, He went to the heavenly sanctuary and offered His perfect blood to do away with sin.

1. Though you no longer have to make animal sacrifices when you sin, what should be your response when you sin? Do you do those things?
2. What should you do to put away sinful habits, thoughts, or ideas?
3. How can remembering that Jesus’ sacrifice doesn’t just cover our sin, but takes it away, help us to hold fast against sin?

No comments:

Post a Comment