Friday, December 7, 2012

Ruth Part One: Deeper Faith Study

 
Ruth Part One: The Hard Road to Hope
Deeper Faith Study
 
Open:

Desribe a time when you made a decision that you knew would end wrongly...but you made it anyway:

Read:

Judges 21:25; Ruth 1

Discuss:

1. Describe the cycle of the Judges:

2. Why did Elimelech and his family leave Bethlehem for Moab? What mistakes were made along the way? What conflicts arise in your mind? How are you prone to rationalize these decisions?

3. Why does Naomi discourage them from returning with her? Consider how it affects her emotionally.

4. Have you ever given up comfort for a chance to know God deeper and hope in Him more? What hinders you from clinging to Christ?


Pray:

Pray that you would cling in satisfaction to Christ the Bread of Life!

Memorize/Meditate:

"Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there will I be buried." Ruth 1:16-17


No comments:

Post a Comment