Monday, November 8, 2010

Hebrews Bible Study: Heb. 4-5 Tuesday

Tuesday – Guilty as Charged


Focus passage: Hebrews 4:16

Read: Ephesians 3:12; Acts 4:31; Psalm 103:17; Micah 7:18

I’ve been in a courtroom just once. I hit another car from behind and received a ticket for careless and reckless driving. I was completely at fault. On the appointed day, I went before the judge not to claim my innocence, but to plead for mercy and grace. I was hoping that he would change the charge to improper driving because it carried a lighter sentence and my insurance wouldn’t be affected as much. When my name was called to approach the bench, I was nervous and a bit fearful. I didn’t know this man and had no idea what he would say. As he reviewed the case, he asked how I would plead. I plead “guilty as charged.” Noticing that I had no previous tickets of any kind and because I accepted responsibility, he mercifully changed the ticket to improper driving. I had to pay a small fee and then I was free to go.

Fortunately, when we are in need of mercy and grace in our lives, we can go to a judge that we know. Since we know Christ and He understands us and our circumstances, we can go before Him with boldness and confidence.



1. Though we shouldn’t take the throne of grace for granted, how does it make you feel to know God is merciful and full of grace?



2. When was the last time you approached the throne with boldness and without fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment